The current resources where Sandalwood is:
– Disappeared, or is endangered > Juan Fernandez islands (Chili), Hawaii and Ogasawara islands (Japan)
– Over-exploited > India, Indonesia, Vanuatu, Australia
– Usable at short-term > Marquesas islands
– Immediately usable > New Caledonia, Tonga.
According to an ecological concern to protect genetic species, we need to limit our supplying sources to places liable and with steady geopolitical. In this way, avoid all skid and destabilization of the forest resources as it has been the case in Chili, India or Indonesia…
Unfortunately, the evaluation of resources is not equally known as such the follow example:
– no data exists concerning lands such as Papouasy;
Therefore, it is difficult to work with certain specific countries…
The Forestry development
– It is guaranted by a charter between each holder and contributor who engaged themselves.
– Respect the criterions before the cutting: size, age, circumference, with a study of the best balance of the remaining population
– Protect the species by stimulating the natural regeneration, protecting the tree from fire damages and free harvest without previous authorizations
– Plant young trees, an example: “For every tree cut down, 3 will be replanted”.